Saturday, January 14, 2006

Success / Soggy in Seattle


This week's Photo Friday challenge is Success, and I think this picture represents the theme on at least several levels. First, in all the years I've been playing with cameras, I don't think I've ever had an opportunity to shoot a rainbow until today! Second, I succeeded in taking a reasonably interesting photo (at least I hope it's not a totally boring picture) with my brand new camera -- I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, so I was pleased this one came out. Third, I think the post processing with PS Elements (removed the bright green grass) was successful in making the photo even a little more interesting than it would have been otherwise.

But possibly the real "Success" represented in this picture is it provides evidence that the sun actually managed to pop out for a few minutes this afternoon. Despite that brief appearance by that bright object in the sky, we may very well break the local record for the number of consecutive days of precipitation next week. Today was the 27th straight day of rain in Seattle. The record was set in 1953 with 33 consecutive days of rain. I've seen forecasts calling for another 10 days of rain. I may need to trade in the old Cessna for a boat!

This was taken at Seattle's Magnuson Park on Lake Washington. Click on photo for larger image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home